all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Weird "Undefined color: "black    " " error message
@ 2010-03-09 18:08 John
From: John @ 2010-03-09 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I was editing my .Xdefaults to change the color for xcleardiff and
typed 'xrdb -merge .Xdefaults'. Now when I try to launch emacs 23.1.1.

$ emacs
Undefined color: "black           "

Any suggestions?

Regards
John

* Re: Weird "Undefined color: "black    " " error message
@ 2010-03-10  6:58 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2010-03-10  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

John <freesoft12@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was editing my .Xdefaults to change the color for xcleardiff and
> typed 'xrdb -merge .Xdefaults'. Now when I try to launch emacs 23.1.1.
>
> $ emacs
> Undefined color: "black           "
>
> Any suggestions?

Looks like emacs is picking up a lot of whitespace as part of the colour
name. Check that your xdefaults line has no trailing whitespace. If it
does, remove it and see if that fixes the problems.

Note that even if it does fix the problem, I still think this is a bug
and should be reported to the emacs devs as such.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au