all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* CEDET semantic-ia-fast-jump visual styling
@ 2010-03-20  3:46 Christoph
From: Christoph @ 2010-03-20  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

With the recent CEDET merge, I started to check out some of the features
and I am quite pleased with what I see so far. I especially like
semantic for code browsing.

There is one thing I find quite annoying though and that  is the yellow
banner that marks the line i jump to with semantic-ia-fast-jump, for
example, and that after the jump slowly fades away. I have yet to see an
example where this is actually visually appealing, i.e. smooth. Usually
it looks quite choppy and the entire part of the buffer around the jump
target seems to be redrawn in rapid fashion. I see this on Windows and
Linux (Xubuntu).

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the yellow banner. I looked
in the manual but I couldnt find a anything on customizing CEDET in
general or semantic in particular. It just talked about the commands
available.

Christoph

* Re: CEDET semantic-ia-fast-jump visual styling
@ 2010-03-20  8:25 ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2010-03-20  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Christoph <cschol2112@googlemail.com> writes:
> There is one thing I find quite annoying though and that  is the
> yellow banner that marks the line i jump to with
> semantic-ia-fast-jump, for example, and that after the jump slowly
> fades away. I have yet to see an example where this is actually
> visually appealing, i.e. smooth. Usually it looks quite choppy and the
> entire part of the buffer around the jump target seems to be redrawn
> in rapid fashion. I see this on Windows and Linux (Xubuntu).

Hmm. It's not super-smooth, but I usually find it to be acceptable, even
on slow machines.

> I was wondering if there is a way to disable the yellow banner. I
> looked in the manual but I couldnt find a anything on customizing
> CEDET in general or semantic in particular. It just talked about the
> commands available.

(setq pulse-flag nil)

Also, you can customize pulse-highlight-face if you're not happy with
the style.

-David