Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Paul Chany >> >> The file should be ASCII (using \U escapes for unicode characters) or >> Unicode (UTF16 or UTF8) with a leading byte-order-marker. >> >> How can I get this file using Emacs? > > C-x RET f utf-8-with-signature RET Well, when I did so I get the following message: NAME:NSGenericException REASON:Parse failed at line 2 (char 41) - unexpected character (wanted ';') INFO:(nil) and the translation don't works. :( What's wrong with it? I attach the file here (it's small):