all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs ViewMail: IMAP protocol error
@ 2011-04-18 14:54 Ritchie
From: Ritchie @ 2011-04-18 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Anybody is using viewmail on OS X? I'm trying to use it, but after
installing stunnel 4.35 using macport, when I try to visit an IMAP
account inbox, i got the following error:

IMAP protocol error: "unexpected char (10)"

* Re: Emacs ViewMail: IMAP protocol error
@ 2011-04-18 21:56 ` Tim X
From: Tim X @ 2011-04-18 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Ritchie <ritchiecai@gmail.com> writes:

> Anybody is using viewmail on OS X? I'm trying to use it, but after
> installing stunnel 4.35 using macport, when I try to visit an IMAP
> account inbox, i got the following error:
>
> IMAP protocol error: "unexpected char (10)"

Not sure, but I believe this is a known issue with recent stunnel
versions. (I do recall seeing posts about problems with mac and stunnel
on the emacs-dev list). My recommendation would be to post to the
gnu.emacs.vm.info list and maybe check the bug tracker at
http://launchpad.net/~vm. Would be good to know what version ov vm your
running as well.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

* Re: Emacs ViewMail: IMAP protocol error
@ 2011-04-23 17:45 ` Uday Reddy
From: Uday Reddy @ 2011-04-23 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 4/18/2011 3:54 PM, Ritchie wrote:
> Anybody is using viewmail on OS X? I'm trying to use it, but after
> installing stunnel 4.35 using macport, when I try to visit an IMAP
> account inbox, i got the following error:
>
> IMAP protocol error: "unexpected char (10)"

You might try searching for "stunnel" on the gnu.emacs.vm.info and
gnu.emacs.help archives on Google Groups.  For instance, here is a
thread on Aug 25, 2010:

http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.vm.info/browse_thread/thread/ed2b17861ea1fc26/eec2c3d8ac079487?lnk=gst&q=unexpected+char#eec2c3d8ac079487

Cheers,
Uday

* Re: Emacs ViewMail: IMAP protocol error
@ 2011-04-25 19:46   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-04-25 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 18:45:39 +0100 Uday Reddy <uDOTsDOTreddy@cs.bham.ac.uk> wrote:

UR> On 4/18/2011 3:54 PM, Ritchie wrote:
>> Anybody is using viewmail on OS X? I'm trying to use it, but after
>> installing stunnel 4.35 using macport, when I try to visit an IMAP
>> account inbox, i got the following error:
>>
>> IMAP protocol error: "unexpected char (10)"

UR> You might try searching for "stunnel" on the gnu.emacs.vm.info and
UR> gnu.emacs.help archives on Google Groups.  For instance, here is a
UR> thread on Aug 25, 2010:

UR> http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.vm.info/browse_thread/thread/ed2b17861ea1fc26/eec2c3d8ac079487?lnk=gst&q=unexpected+char#eec2c3d8ac079487

The trunk Emacs can be built with GnuTLS support now, which means users
won't require stunnel, even on W32.  Testers welcome.  I use it daily in
Linux and have no problems.

Ted