all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs defthemes collection
@ 2012-08-08 11:08 Ferdinand
From: Ferdinand @ 2012-08-08 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hi,

How do you find custom defthemes?
is there something like a central website with a collection of defthemes for emacs 24?
A screenshot gallery of custom defthemes would be great … I couldn't find anything like this ...

thanks!

* Re: emacs defthemes collection
@ 2012-08-08 20:53 ` Jeremiah Dodds
From: Jeremiah Dodds @ 2012-08-08 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferdinand; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Ferdinand <Ferdinand.Gruebler@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> How do you find custom defthemes?
> is there something like a central website with a collection of defthemes for emacs 24?
> A screenshot gallery of custom defthemes would be great … I couldn't find anything like this ...
>
> thanks!

There are a bunch listed in M-x list-packages. I'm unaware of a
screenshot gallery or central theme repository though (although that
would be nice!)

--
Jeremiah Dodds

github     : https://github.com/jdodds
freenode   : exhortatory
twitter    : kaens

* Re: emacs defthemes collection
@ 2012-08-08 22:51   ` Ferdinand
From: Ferdinand @ 2012-08-08 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

is there a generator like:
http://jasonm23.github.com/emacs-theme-editor/

but for defthemes?

@ 2012-08-09  4:43     ` Jeremiah Dodds
From: Jeremiah Dodds @ 2012-08-09  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferdinand; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Ferdinand <Ferdinand.Gruebler@gmx.de> writes:

> On Aug 8, 2012, at 10:53 PM, Jeremiah Dodds <jeremiah.dodds@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ferdinand <Ferdinand.Gruebler@gmx.de> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> How do you find custom defthemes?
>>> is there something like a central website with a collection of defthemes for emacs 24?
>>> A screenshot gallery of custom defthemes would be great … I couldn't find anything like this ...
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>>

>> There are a bunch listed in M-x list-packages. I'm unaware of a
>> screenshot gallery or central theme repository though (although that
>> would be nice!)
>

> is there a generator like:
> http://jasonm23.github.com/emacs-theme-editor/
>
> but for defthemes?

I've seen a few people asking for one, but have yet to see one. 24 is
still a pretty fresh release though, I wouldn't be surprised if one pops
up soon.

--

@ 2012-08-09 12:31   ` Doug Lewan
From: Doug Lewan @ 2012-08-09 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Well, Ferdinand, "thanks" for reminding me about list-packages.

It was something that hadn't quite stuck when I read the version 24.1 NEWS file, but now it's my favorite video game. (Much more fun than dired, TRAMP, ftp and the web.)

,Doug