Hello Eli, > > The value of c (4195374 = 0x40042e) doesn't make sense, I think. It's > an invalid character. Please tell what does this display: > > (gdb) frame 2 > (gdb) p it->string > (gdb) xstring > > Also, in the same frame, what does this display: > > (gdb) pgrowx it->glyph_row > > For these commands to work, you need either to start GDB from the src > directory, or type "source /path/to/emacs/src/.gdbinit" from inside > GDB. the system is temporarily unavailable now. similar crash occurred on my laptop(ubuntu 12.04), back trace is attached. and I kept the gdb console open, please ask for further info.