Stefan Monnier writes: >>> There no warnings for `foo', surely? >> Yes there is, to stop warning we have to write `foo\\=', same for >> e.g. "don't do this" we need "don\\='t do this" to avoid warnings. > > If you bump into such a warning, please report it as a bug. I think I don't have such warnings now. > The things that tend to cause warnings are: > > Set this to 'foo in order to crok the struble. > > which should be rewritten to: > > Set this to `foo' in order to crok the struble. Yes, I have some of those, problem is to detect them when replacing apart writing something more elaborated, the code I used didn't differency these from the one to replace so I replaced with \\='foo instead. Thanks. -- Thierry