Alan Mackenzie writes: > Presumably, you got some results in one of Emacs's profilers. Any chance > you could post the profiler report? > > Is there anything unusual about the C Mode files? For example, are they > very big, have lots of long lines, or exceptionally long macros defined > in them? Or something like that. I've attached the profiler report. You can open it with `profiler-find-profile'. > Of course, if you were able to send one of these files to me that > would help enormously, but I suspect you can't. Unfortunately not, I'm sorry. > There is a cache used directly in c-find-decl-spots, one that tracks > whether or not the source code is at top-level (including being directly > within things like a C++ class or namespace). Maybe this isn't working > as desired, as you suggest. Perhaps. How do I debug this? Thanks a lot for the help!