[திங்கள் ஜூன் 24, 2024] Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Visuwesh >> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 09:23:20 +0530 >> >> I apologise for neglecting to speak out loud before the emacs-30 branch >> cut. Is there a chance to get this patch in emacs-30? I am using this >> patch ever since I sent it to debbugs and I do not face any issue wrt >> the pcmanfm issue shown here and other applications which do not wipe >> the clipboard. It would be nice to have it in emacs-30 especially with >> org-mode gaining yank-media support for files copied/cut from a file >> manager. > > I can be convinced to make such changes on the release branch only if > all they do is make a function whose return value was not interesting > to return a useful value. But the patch does more than that: it > introduces pcase-dolist and replaces some FOO with (car FOO) in at > least 3 occasions. Thanks for the review and consideration, Eli. The patch only touched the return value of a helper function. > Such changes make me uncomfortable, especially given that this is a > case where Emacs needs to jump through hoops to work around > misfeatures of some 3rd-party utility. I suspect similar behaviour will be shown by other file managers. > Can you rewrite the patch so that it will be clear at a glance that it > cannot possibly cause any harm because it just causes the same code > return a value? If you can, we have a chance of installing this on > the emacs-30 branch. I hope the attached patch makes the intent clear. I added a doc-string to the internal function too, and removed pcase-dolist and extra car to make the code simpler. > And, btw, I wonder whether enough people use pcmanfm for us to bother > about this issue. AFAIK, pcmanfm is fairly popular among the window manager users crowd due to its light-weight.