Michael Albinus writes: Hi, >>> Replacing soap-invoke by soap-invoke-async is not a problem. What I >>> worry about is the UI. If you invoke debbugs-search, and you do >>> something else in Emacs then, you need a proper way how to present the >>> search results to the user w/o interrupting the work she is doing >>> meanwhile. >> >> Indeed displaying the buffer asynchronously is too disruptive. >> >> The usual way to do that in Emacs is to immediately display the (empty) >> result buffer and then maybe emit a `message` when this buffer has >> been filled. > > Thanks for the explanation. I'll give it a try for debbugs-{gnu,org}-search. I've assembled a proof-of-concept for debbugs-gnu-search, see appended patch. It is on top of the ELPA git repository, but it might apply also on the last distributed debbugs release (didn't check). Feedback appreciated. Best regards, Michael.