all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Colour themes not working right...
@ 2003-02-05 19:23 chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2003-02-05 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I downloaded colorTheme.el.gz from the emacs wiki, but have a small
problem.  For example, when I put

(require 'color-theme)
(color-theme-taming-mr-arneson)

in .emacs it only loads the foreground colours, not the background ones.
OTOH "M-x color-theme-taming-mr-arneson" works fine.  Does anyone know
why this could be?

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: Colour themes not working right...
@ 2003-02-05 20:05 ` Captain
From: Captain @ 2003-02-05 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
Try to place (require 'color-theme) at the end of the .emacs file. May
be this is the problem? Cheers
Andrey

* Re: Colour themes not working right...
@ 2003-02-05 20:34   ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2003-02-05 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Captain wrote:
> Hi
> Try to place (require 'color-theme) at the end of the .emacs file. May
> be this is the problem? Cheers
> Andrey

That didn't work.  One thing I've just noticed is that there's a black
flash that wasn't there before adding any of the color-theme code.  When
emacs starts it puts up a buffer or screen here with a logo and some
info which changes every one or two secs.  When you focus on emacs it
loads the scratch buffer. Could it be that the startup buffer is
replacing some of the colours with it's own?  If so is there anyway to
get round this or to load another default buffer?  .

The emacs version reads

GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-mandrake-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
of 2002-08-18 on kde.mandrakesoft.com, modified by Mandrake!

@ 2003-02-05 22:55     ` Alex Schroeder
From: Alex Schroeder @ 2003-02-05 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

"chris.danx" <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com> writes:

> That didn't work.  One thing I've just noticed is that there's a black
> flash that wasn't there before adding any of the color-theme code.
> When emacs starts it puts up a buffer or screen here with a logo and
> some info which changes every one or two secs.  When you focus on
> emacs it loads the scratch buffer. Could it be that the startup buffer
> is replacing some of the colours with it's own?  If so is there anyway
> to get round this or to load another default buffer?  .
>

> The emacs version reads
>
> GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-mandrake-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll
> bars) of 2002-08-18 on kde.mandrakesoft.com, modified by Mandrake!

KDE messes with the colors.  Disable that.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ColorsAndKde

Alex.

* Re: Colour themes not working right...
@ 2003-02-06 19:59       ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2003-02-06 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex Schroeder wrote:

> KDE messes with the colors.  Disable that.
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ColorsAndKde

Thanks!  It worked!