all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How does M-k work?
@ 2004-03-01 15:51 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-03-01 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Say I have this text snippet in LaTeX mode (AUC-TeX):

    \caption{Foo bar.  Quux quux.}

I position point after the first period and hit M-k:

    \caption{Foo bar.

I'm surprised that the "}" is gone.  I expected the "}" to stay.  Why
is this behavior good?  Can it be changed?  Is there another command
that does what I expect?  Can I change what I expect so that I'm not
surprised?

(If the sentence to kill is long, I might easily miss that there was a
parenthesis before, so my LaTeX code might end up wrong.)

Kai

* Re: How does M-k work?
@ 2004-03-01 19:01 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2004-03-01 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I position point after the first period and hit M-k:
>     \caption{Foo bar.
> I'm surprised that the "}" is gone.  I expected the "}" to stay.  Why

Sounds like a bug.  You might be able to fix it by fiddling with
`sentence-end'.  Maybe you should post it to gnu.emacs.bug.