all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* < should also do scroll-calendar-right-three-months
@ 2005-07-15 23:49 Dan Jacobson
       [not found] ` <E1DvSCx-0005h7-Vl@fencepost.gnu.org>
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2005-07-15 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

< should also do scroll-calendar-right-three-months
> should also do scroll-calendar-left-three-months

* Re: < should also do scroll-calendar-right-three-months
       [not found] ` <E1DvSCx-0005h7-Vl@fencepost.gnu.org>
@ 2005-07-22 22:58   ` Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2005-07-22 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

rms> What is this in reference to?

I'm saying do M-x calendar, see the three months at the bottom half of
the screen.  At this point I want the < and > keys to go to the
previous and future three months respectively.

That is, in the default key assignments

@ 2005-07-25 15:45     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-07-25 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Jacobson wrote:
 > rms> What is this in reference to?
 >
 > I'm saying do M-x calendar, see the three months at the bottom half of
 > the screen.  At this point I want the < and > keys to go to the
 > previous and future three months respectively.
 >
 > That is, in the default key assignments
 > "<" should also do scroll-calendar-right-three-months
 > ">" should also do scroll-calendar-left-three-months

1. Those commands are already bound by default to M-v/C-v and
    <prior>/<next>, and you can also get the same effect from
    M-3 C-x < and M-3 C-x >.

2. Who's to say the scrolling commands are the best commands to bind to
    < and >?  (Note that calendar-beginning-of-year and
    calendar-end-of-year are bound to M-< and M->.)  Why do the < and >
    keys need to be bound?

3. DIY:

(add-hook 'calendar-load-hook
           (lambda ()