all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* String Indent Behavior in TCL Mode - Not Possible?
@ 2006-01-02 17:49 gamename
From: gamename @ 2006-01-02 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

In TCL, I often run into a situation like this:

if {<true>} {
     set astring  "
      foo
      bar
     "
}

The problem is that the "foo" and "bar" lines need to be manually
indented because anything between double-quotes is freeform.  There
doesn't seem to be a way to have these string lines auto-indent.

Is there any way get these to auto-indent?

TIA,
-T

* Re: String Indent Behavior in TCL Mode - Not Possible?
@ 2006-01-03  3:23 ` Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2006-01-03  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

gamename> Hi,
gamename> In TCL, I often run into a situation like this:

gamename> if {<true>} {
gamename> set astring  "
gamename> foo
gamename> bar
gamename> "
gamename> }

gamename> The problem is that the "foo" and "bar" lines need to be manually
gamename> indented because anything between double-quotes is freeform.  There
gamename> doesn't seem to be a way to have these string lines auto-indent.

gamename> Is there any way get these to auto-indent?

Probably not.  But you can get my mindent.el (posted to .sources some time ago)
which helps in situations like this.

Another workaround is align-regexp.

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.