all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* switch-to-buffer-other-window to split vertically by default ?
@ 2006-06-08 23:44 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2006-06-08 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

everything is in the subject line: i would like
`switch-to-buffer-other-window' to split the window
*vertically* when no other window is open.

Any hint ?

--
Bastien

* Re: switch-to-buffer-other-window to split vertically by default ?
@ 2006-06-09 13:28 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2006-06-09 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

With complete disregard for frames:

(defun my-display-buffer (buffer &optional not-this-window frame)
   (if (one-window-p)
       (let ((window (split-window-horizontally)))
	(set-window-buffer window buffer)
	window)
     (let (display-buffer-function)
       (display-buffer buffer not-this-window frame))))

(setq display-buffer-function 'my-display-buffer)

[parent not found: <mailman.2797.1149859770.9609.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]