all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* extremely slow flyspell in message
@ 2008-06-02 22:37 Sebastian P. Luque
From: Sebastian P. Luque @ 2008-06-02 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

With GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of
2008-05-30 on elegiac, modified by Debian, and Gnus v5.13 (included in
the snapshot package), I have flyspell turned on for message-mode
indirectly through:

,-----[ C-h v text-mode-hook RET ]
| text-mode-hook is a variable defined in `text-mode.el'.
| Its value is
| (turn-on-flyspell turn-on-auto-fill text-mode-hook-identify)
|

| Documentation:
| Normal hook run when entering Text mode and many related modes.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| [back]
`-----

which has made typing in message-mode painfully slow.  Removing
'turn-on-flyspell' from this hook seems to solve the problem.  However,
this problem didn't exist until 2 snapshots ago (early May 2008).  Any
ideas what might have caused this?  Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-06-02 22:37 UTC | newest]