all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Actualizada la Introducción a la programación en Emacs Lisp, de Chassell
       [not found] <AANLkTikPsT-UqFwDY05yqcutxJ3E2NAav6mQpqZYNRXT@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-11-08 14:09 ` Bastien
       [not found]   ` <87eiavgap6.fsf-whniv8GeeGkdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Bastien @ 2010-11-08 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: smc; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, emacs-es

smc <smc@manticore.es> writes:

> Actualizo la Introducción a la programación en Emacs Lisp,
> de Robert Chassell, desde su versión 3.07 a la versión 3.10
> correspondiente a GNU Emacs 23.2.

Great - where can I download the Texinfo source file?
I want to share it with spanish friends.

--
 Bastien

@ 2010-11-08 16:35     ` smc
From: smc @ 2010-11-08 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ, emacs-es-XoAB7pn3pwgdnm+yROfE0A

El 8 de noviembre de 2010 14:09, Bastien <bzg-whniv8GeeGkdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org> escribió:

> Great - where can I download the Texinfo source file?
> I want to share it with spanish friends.

Hello, Bastien, today Nov 8 and probably tomorrow Nov 9 the access
to all GNU manuals are closed because I am rearranging the directory
hierarchy.  I guess in one or two days will be active newly and you'll
can reach that file at

http://gnu.manticore.es/manual-introduccion-emacs-lisp

But if you are very hurry, Karl have a copy I sent to him last week,
when I posted the html generated pages.

Please notice that it is a very very rough alfa phase of the translation,
contains many inconsistencies and need 4 or 5 more passes.

Your spanish friends can get very confused if they trust excessively
in that text, as is clearly stated in the web page.

It would be much better if you tell your spanish friends to collaborate
in the completion of the more than 50 Emacs translated manuals that
already are (in alpha) in that website, including that of Org, that need
revision!!

A huge hug

--
Suso
http://gnu.manticore.es

* Re: Actualizada la Introducción a la programación en Emacs Lisp, de Chassell
@ 2010-11-09 20:16       ` Bastien
       [not found]         ` <87k4km6yn7.fsf-whniv8GeeGkdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Bastien @ 2010-11-09 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: smc; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, emacs-es

smc <smc@manticore.es> writes:

> Hello, Bastien, today Nov 8 and probably tomorrow Nov 9 the access
> to all GNU manuals are closed because I am rearranging the directory
> hierarchy.  I guess in one or two days will be active newly and you'll
> can reach that file at
>
> http://gnu.manticore.es/manual-introduccion-emacs-lisp

I reached the page, thanks.

Still I'm not able to find the .texi sources or the repository my
friends should send patch against if they want to help.

Can you send a pointer?

--
 Bastien

@ 2010-11-10 12:48           ` smc
From: smc @ 2010-11-10 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ, emacs-es-XoAB7pn3pwgdnm+yROfE0A

El 9 de noviembre de 2010 20:16, Bastien <bzg-whniv8GeeGkdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org> escribió:

> I reached the page, thanks.
>
> Still I'm not able to find the .texi sources or the repository my
> friends should send patch against if they want to help.
>
> Can you send a pointer?

I'm sorry for the delay.  I am revising one by one the hierarchy of each
manual and I don't finished yet.
That file is still at the "Área de trabajo".
Please visit http://gnu.manticore.es/area-trabajo

I have no a real repository nor mailing lists or an web application for
managing tasks and issues and reports as savannah does.  But the
projects at savannah has no sub-projects, and we need them for each
manual.  Therefore I requested an account to Ourproject people and
yesterday I got the approval:

https://ourproject.org/projects/emacs-es/

Please tell your spanish friends that the working flow will be controlled
from there (I'm still learning how to use that environment).

But, since almost all Emacs manuals are already basically translated into
Spanish, now the **real project** gains newly in importance:  the Emacs
i18n.

The Emacs maintainers told me to establish a repository for testing.
In this case it is at savannah:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/emacs-i18n

As I know you are not that type of elitist user who is happy depriving
ordinary people from using Emacs, please, you, Bastien, sign in at that
project, for the sake of an Emacs that can be used for everyone
not-English-speaking people.
Emacs is not for geeks, nor for programmers; Emacs is for the
Secretaries too, as Stallmann said in 1981, but not only English and
Usa secretaries, I guess.  ;-)

Sincerely

--
Suso
http://gnu.manticore.es

* Re: Actualizada la Introducción a la programación en Emacs Lisp, de Chassell
@ 2010-11-10 15:40             ` Bastien
       [not found]               ` <87y691chlg.fsf-whniv8GeeGkdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Bastien @ 2010-11-10 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: smc; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, emacs-es

smc <smc@manticore.es> writes:

> I'm sorry for the delay.  I am revising one by one the hierarchy of each
> manual and I don't finished yet.
> That file is still at the "Área de trabajo".
> Please visit http://gnu.manticore.es/area-trabajo

I still don't find any .texi file there :/

> I have no a real repository nor mailing lists or an web application for
> managing tasks and issues and reports as savannah does.  But the
> projects at savannah has no sub-projects, and we need them for each
> manual.  Therefore I requested an account to Ourproject people and
> yesterday I got the approval:
>
> https://ourproject.org/projects/emacs-es/

ourproject is a great platform -- you can create a CVS or SNV repository
with the GFDL'ed .texi file there.

> Please tell your spanish friends that the working flow will be controlled
> from there (I'm still learning how to use that environment).

I'll send them the link when they can actually check out the repository
and cooperate, I don't want anyone to loose too much time in discussion.

> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/emacs-i18n

Wow.  Good luck.

> As I know you are not that type of elitist user who is happy depriving
> ordinary people from using Emacs, please, you, Bastien, sign in at that
> project, for the sake of an Emacs that can be used for everyone
> not-English-speaking people.

My plate is full for now, but I guess you'll post your progress on this
list, so I'll be able to jump if I'm available.

> Emacs is not for geeks, nor for programmers; Emacs is for the
> Secretaries too, as Stallmann said in 1981, but not only English and
> Usa secretaries, I guess.  ;-)

Well, Emacs is for Emacs' users.

Sorry for the tautologic (recursive?) definition :)

--
 Bastien

@ 2010-11-10 16:12                 ` smc
From: smc @ 2010-11-10 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ, emacs-es-XoAB7pn3pwgdnm+yROfE0A

El 10 de noviembre de 2010 15:40, Bastien <bzg-whniv8GeeGkdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org> escribió:

> smc <smc-DfbhUdzxHZjmLYrVJihF6Q@public.gmane.org> writes:
>

> I still don't find any .texi file there :/
>
> The html, info and texi file for that document are there.  Try it.  I
believe that
manual is the first in the list.

> ourproject is a great platform -- you can create a CVS or SNV repository
> with the GFDL'ed .texi file there.
>
> Yes, I'm reading now how to do it.

> I'll send them the link when they can actually check out the repository
> and cooperate, I don't want anyone to loose too much time in discussion.

Oh, yes, please, I don't like discussions.  Precisely for this is why I had
translate alone all that thousands and thousands of pages.

> > http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/emacs-i18n
>
> Wow.  Good luck.
>

> Well, Emacs is for Emacs' users.

Yes, but not only for those who are English-speaking ones.
The wonderful French language, the sonorous Italian one, the flexible
Spanish language.  Emacs in all of these, can you imagine
a paradise like that?   :-))

--
Suso
http://gnu.manticore.es

* Re: Actualizada la Introducción a la programación en Emacs Lisp, de Chassell
@ 2010-11-10 17:15                   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-11-10 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: smc; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, emacs-es

smc <smc@manticore.es> writes:

> El 10 de noviembre de 2010 15:40, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> escribió:
>
>     smc <smc@manticore.es> writes:
>
>     I still don't find any .texi file there :/
>
> The html, info and texi file for that document are there.  Try it.  I
> believe that manual is the first in the list.

Er... a link to the .texi would have helped.

I found http://gnu.manticore.es/node/803 which lists several links at
the bottom, and I found this one among them:

  http://gnu.manticore.es/sites/default/files/emacs-lisp-intro.es_.t

Why .t and .texi?  This is a bit confusing.

You should include a @copying section, telling who owns the copyright
and what license is used for this manual.  Obviously, putting the work
under "GFDL v1.3 or any later" is what you need to do.

> Oh, yes, please, I don't like discussions.  Precisely for this is why I had to
> translate alone all that thousands and thousands of pages.

So it's done already?  ;)

> Yes, but not only for those who are English-speaking ones.
> The wonderful French language, the sonorous Italian one, the flexible
> Spanish language.  Emacs in all of these, can you imagine
> a paradise like that? :-))

The whole point of the Paradise is to share it.  Fixing the copyright
issue and the way the sources are accessible will help many people join
your paradise!  Congrats for the great work so far.

--
 Bastien