Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala writes: > Hello., > > is there a way I can capture alt-f4 (in gnome) and act within Emacs.? > > This is because, recent times, I am killing Emacs by mistake with > alt-f4. > > I am longing for a function which captures alt-f4 event and ask me for > confirmation in all circumstances. Don't think there will be one, since it may or may not work. The key is received by X server, then goes to whichever program that binds this key; if the key is first bound by the window manager, it may or may not allow rebinds of it. You'd better play with it in your window manager. -- Carl Lei (XeCycle) Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University OpenPGP public key: 7795E591 Fingerprint: 1FB6 7F1F D45D F681 C845 27F7 8D71 8EC4 7795 E591