all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* help with Wanderlust
@ 2013-09-26 15:43 Kevin Buchs
From: Kevin Buchs @ 2013-09-26 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I was really hoping I could get an IMAP email client running. I'm stuck
with Wanderlust failing to connect to my server. It doesn't even prompt
for my password. I get a message back: "Cannot open:
elmo-network-initialize-session". I've tried both the configuration of
the default options in ~/.wl and a plain folder in ~/.folders as well as
a more deluxe folder entry in ~/.folders.

I've configured other email clients, like Thunderbird, to work with my
server, a MS Exchange IMAP-protocol host.

Any suggestions or pointers to further documentation would be appreciated.

Kevin Buchs

* Re: help with Wanderlust
@ 2013-09-26 16:26 ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2013-09-26 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Kevin Buchs <buchs.kevin@mayo.edu> writes:

> I was really hoping I could get an IMAP email client running. I'm
> stuck with Wanderlust failing to connect to my server. It doesn't even
> prompt for my password. I get a message back: "Cannot open:
> elmo-network-initialize-session". I've tried both the configuration of
> the default options in ~/.wl and a plain folder in ~/.folders as well
> as a more deluxe folder entry in ~/.folders.
>
> I've configured other email clients, like Thunderbird, to work with my
> server, a MS Exchange IMAP-protocol host.
>
> Any suggestions or pointers to further documentation would be
> appreciated.

Is this and other articles on this bog any use?

http://emacs-fu.blogspot.co.uk/2009/06/e-mail-with-wanderlust.html

Or you could try mu4e by the same author

http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e.html

or here

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WanderLust

atb

Glyn

* Re: help with Wanderlust
@ 2013-09-30  8:00 ` Jonathan Groll
From: Jonathan Groll @ 2013-09-30  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Buchs, help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:43:47 -0500, Kevin Buchs <buchs.kevin@mayo.edu> wrote:

> I was really hoping I could get an IMAP email client running. I'm
> stuck with Wanderlust failing to connect to my server. It doesn't even
> prompt for my password. I get a message back: "Cannot open:
> elmo-network-initialize-session". I've tried both the configuration of
> the default options in ~/.wl and a plain folder in ~/.folders as well
> as a more deluxe folder entry in ~/.folders.
>
> I've configured other email clients, like Thunderbird, to work with my
> server, a MS Exchange IMAP-protocol host.
>
> Any suggestions or pointers to further documentation would be appreciated.

Please ask on the Wanderlust Mailing List:

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za