Sylvain Chouleur writes: > Hi, Hi Sylvain, > Here is my proposal (patch in attachment) > > exec env PS1=.. bash <(cat <<'EOF' > heredoc commands > EOF > ) Thanks for this. However, I'm not sure whether all bourne shell derivates support process substitution <(). What if Tramp uses another heredoc delimeter but 'EOF'? I've appended a respective patch; could you, please, check? If it doesn't work for you, please set tramp-verbose to 6, and rerun your test. I would like to see the Tramp debug buffer then. Explain also, what you have invoked, and how. Best regards, Michael.