all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Test using SMTP-Method: smtp smtp-mail.outlook.com for Live account
@ 2014-02-08 15:57 N. Jackson
From: N. Jackson @ 2014-02-08 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

The first test of this new method including the server port number.

To find out:
- Does the mail go?
- Does the header get removed?
- What are From header etc. like?

* Sorry Re: Test using SMTP-Method: smtp smtp-mail.outlook.com for Live account
@ 2014-02-08 16:18 ` N. Jackson
From: N. Jackson @ 2014-02-08 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Damn. Sorry about that. Was writing a test email to myself and somehow
accidentally posted it to the group.

I usually use

    S n, <menu-bar> <Post> <Followup via news>

to post.

It did not occur to me that

    a, <menu-bar> <Post> <Send a message (mail or news)

would post to the group as well as send a private email! Athough, I see
now, in the doc string, that it says that is exactly what it does by
default.

Is there a way to stop Gnus from being so darn clever? I guess I need an
incantation to _just_ send an email and not guess what I want to do from
context.