Robert Thorpe writes: > Sharon Kimble writes: > >>> You still haven't told us what you mean by "gmail"? >> >> Google mail is a lesser-known name for the service, but its mostly just >> known as "gmail". > > Yes. But how are you viewing gmail? Using an Emacs web-browser such as > EWW, W3 or W3m? Or are you getting Gmail using an Emacs mail client > like Gnus or Rmail? That changes what needs configuring. > > If you're using a web-browser note that gmail itself has themes, so you > can change the background and text colours there. > Gnus. But the problem has now been solved, and it works with whatever theme I use. Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.92.1