Stefan Monnier writes: >> Something like the patch below seems to work (and it generalizes >> map-put to accept for MAP not only symbols but any "lvalue"). It also >> tightens the code generated by map--dispatch. > > BTW, just like `map-put', it suffers from the major problem that it > hardcodes in the macroexpanded code (i.e. in the .elc files of Elisp > packages that use map-put) the current definition of map--dispatch and > the current 3 supported map types. Indeed, I never though about this issue! > So we should introduce a helper function (call it map--put) and move > most of the setter's code there (including the dispatch). Yes, I can do that. -- Nicolas Petton http://nicolas-petton.fr