Drew Adams [2015-12-13 10:32:20-08] wrote: >> So I suggest making such promise and documenting it in info >> page "(elisp) Coding Conventions" > > Why? What is the problem for which this would be a good solution? > Did you encounter a real problem in this area? I have had zero problems but it's also near-zero effort to decide a prefix, document it and obey it. And yes, it's for avoiding name conflicts: so that user's configuration won't harm future Emacs functionality, nor the other way around. But it's just a suggestion. I'm not going to have a month long discussion about this. So just ignore it. :-)