all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#24889: file-remote-p should not return user-error on some strings
       [not found] <87ins1nmcs.fsf@gmail.com>
@ 2016-11-08  9:07 ` Michael Albinus
       [not found] ` <87eg2me3v7.fsf@gmx.de>
From: Michael Albinus @ 2016-11-08  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Volpiatto; +Cc: 24889, tramp-devel

Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Thierry,

> I have a bug report at helm about an error when calling helm-find-files
> on a string like `@uref{http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/lab/cplus/c++.rules/}`.
> Seeing the backtrace, it looks it comes from `file-remote-p` which
> return a user-error in such case, perhaps it should return nil ?
>
> See https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/issues/1638

Sorry that I come that late to you; I have been offline for a couple of days.

> Note that this is not reproductible on emacs-24.5.

I could reproduce it also on Emacs 24.5.

Anyway, I've started yesterday working on this. Not trivial to fix, I
fear. As consequence, any fix will go into the master branch (Emacs 26)
only.

There is also the bug report #24889 about this. Further communication
shall happen there.

> Thanks.

Best regards, Michael.

@ 2016-11-08 17:18   ` Thierry Volpiatto
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2016-11-08 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: 24889, tramp-devel

> Sorry that I come that late to you; I have been offline for a couple of days.

No urgency ;-).

>> Note that this is not reproductible on emacs-24.5.
>
> I could reproduce it also on Emacs 24.5.

Hmm, I will try again there to reproduce.

> Anyway, I've started yesterday working on this.

Great thanks.

> Not trivial to fix, I fear.

Yes, I saw the tramp-file-name-structure regexp is not trivial!

> As consequence, any fix will go into the master branch (Emacs 26)
> only.

Ok.

> There is also the bug report #24889 about this. Further communication
> shall happen there.

Ah, I see, probably it is the same user.

Thanks.

--
Thierry