Alan Mackenzie writes: > > (i) The new function `check_comment_start' doesn't have a comment saying > what its return value means. Possibly you could instead rename it so > that the name implies what it returns. Maybe something like > `in_double_comment_opener'. Good point, I've updated the patch. > > I'll admit I haven't actually tried out the code, mainly because you've > written a test file. Oh dear, maybe I should have withheld the test file ;) > > (ii) In `parse-partial-sexp-continue-over-comment-marker', variable aftC > is the position in the middle of the comment closer "*/". I don't think > you are testing in any way that element 10 (nil, or the syntax of the > position just before the end point when that position might be the first > character of a two-character construct, i.e. an escape or first char of a > double-char comment delimiter) is correct. My idea was that its effect would be tested by using pps-preC as OLDSTATE, which avoids having to encode the specifics in the test. I added another clause which uses pps-aftC to cover parsing from the middle of a comment closer as well as opener.