Thierry Volpiatto writes: >> >> Thierry Volpiatto writes: >>> >>> However, this handle the problem with "Stack overflow in regexp matcher" >>> generally, but perhaps regexps such as `ffap-gopher-regexp` could be >>> avoided when possible in emacs source code. >> >> Ah, so by "crash" you meant throw an error. > > I had the both, a crash on emacs-26, emacs taking all memory and finally > crashing and on emacs-24.5 "Stack overflow in regexp matcher". Hmm, well I've meanwhile merged the fix for the regex stack limit, if you can still crash emacs this way, open a new bug. > > >> Right, and ffap-gopher-at-point is also using `set' on local variables, >> icky. Here's a patch: > > I don't know `let-alist`, but looks good, however keeping > `ffap-gopher-regexp` instead of hardcoding it and returning nil when the > regexp is nil would allow users to disable the feature. Makes sense, here's an update: