tags 25521 + patch quit martin rudalics writes: >> How about removing the delay from w32 as well, and implementing it in > ... >> +(add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions #'wait-until-frame-is-visible) > > Note that currently the w32 port waits only for frames that are meant to > become visible and also waits every time a frame becomes visible and not > only after it was created. Hmm, I thought I could get away with using an existing hook. But looking at all the places where x_make_frame_visible is called, I'm feeling reluctant to introduce lisp evaluation into them. I think we should go with Eli's idea, bring back the busy wait but add a timeout.