Angus Lees writes: > "git grep" is recursive. Consequently, the globbing for FILES arg needs > to be done *inside* git, and not by the shell invoking git. > > Specifically: `vc-git-grep` needs to shell-escape the FILES value after > `grep-read-files` (so `grep-files-aliases` continues to work) and before > calling `grep-expand-template` (which does no escaping itself). > You mean something like the patch below? I considered splitting on spaces and doing shell-quote-argument, but that seems like overkill. (this is where someone points me at a function somewhere in emacs that does exactly this operation already)