all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* face used by header line
@ 2018-05-10 14:03 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2018-05-10 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello all,

When I use info, the top line of the (emacs) window shows the current
node etc.  How do I find out what the various faces used by that line
are?  I obviously cannot put the cursor on that line and C-u C-x = like
I normally would do.

Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.1.6 on Debian buster/sid

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* RE: face used by header line
@ 2018-05-10 14:12 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2018-05-10 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga, help-gnu-emacs

> When I use info, the top line of the (emacs) window shows the current
> node etc.  How do I find out what the various faces used by that line
> are?  I obviously cannot put the cursor on that line and C-u C-x = like
> I normally would do.

One way to see what a given face is, when it's not easy
to use `C-u C-x =', is to use `M-x list-faces-display'
and look for a face that has the same appearance.  You
can also look for face names that might correspond.

In this case, search for "info" to see the Info faces.

* Re: face used by header line
@ 2018-05-10 14:32   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2018-05-10 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs