On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 07:12, Drew Adams wrote: >> When I use info, the top line of the (emacs) window shows the current >> node etc. How do I find out what the various faces used by that line >> are? I obviously cannot put the cursor on that line and C-u C-x = like >> I normally would do. > > One way to see what a given face is, when it's not easy > to use `C-u C-x =', is to use `M-x list-faces-display' > and look for a face that has the same appearance. You > can also look for face names that might correspond. > > In this case, search for "info" to see the Info faces. Thanks. I couldn't actually see the text so could not match any. Changed "header" (esp. background :-)) instead and then I could see the contents and found the faces I needed. Thanks again, eric -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.1.6 on Debian buster/sid