all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Network Management
@ 2018-07-19 23:44 Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2018-07-19 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey all,

Does anybody out there know of a working and (semi) actively
maintained
Emacs package for network management and configuration? I am
thinking of
something similar in substance and utility to those applications
like
nmtui, wifi-menu, so on.

I have been using Emacs as my X window manager (w/ EXWM) for a few
months now, and this is one of the few tasks that I can not manage
using
eshell (which I have come to highly prefer).

Anyways, thank you in advance. I hope there is something out
there.

--
Brett M. Gilio
Free Software Foundation, Member

* Re: Network Management
@ 2018-07-20  0:42 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2018-07-20  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Does anybody out there know of a working and (semi) actively maintained
> Emacs package for network management and configuration? I am thinking of
> something similar in substance and utility to those applications like
> nmtui, wifi-menu, so on.

There's `enwc` in GNU ELPA:  https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/enwc.html

* Re: Network Management
@ 2018-07-20  1:32   ` Brett Gilio
From: Brett Gilio @ 2018-07-20  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Stefan Monnier writes:

>> Does anybody out there know of a working and (semi) actively
>> maintained
>> Emacs package for network management and configuration? I am
>> thinking of
>> something similar in substance and utility to those
>> applications like
>> nmtui, wifi-menu, so on.
>
> There's `enwc` in GNU ELPA:
> https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/enwc.html
>

>         Stefan

Literally everything i've been looking for.
Thank you, Stefan.