Pierre Neidhardt writes: > Hi Michael, Hi Pierre, > I've pushed your suggestions. Thanks. > - Regarding the TRAMP issue, I fail to test with "/sudo::", probably because > `find/du` cannot run there. Let me know if it works for you on > remote machines. I did need to apply further changes to let it run sufficiently on /sudo:: * In disk-usage--list-recursively, the (concat (file-remote-p ...) trick must be applied earlier. * In disk-usage--list-recursively and disk-usage--list I needed to adapt the directory-files-and-attributes call; otherwise also /. and /.. would be reported. If the remote case still doesn't work for you, set tramp-verbose to 6, and rerun the test. Show the resulting Tramp debug buffer. > - Regarding the optimization, local tests show no difference. Let me know if > you notice a significant improvement remotely. I have no figures, but it feels faster. One other point worth to fix: Pls don't run disk-usage-toggle-recursive globally. It shall affect only the current buffer; I don't want to have a recursive disk-usage report for every remote directory. It takes too much time. > Cheers! Best regards, Michael.