all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ELPA -- making individual packages
@ 2020-09-03 23:46 Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2020-09-03 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I just realized to my horror that my Gnorb package in ELPA barfs up
several screenfuls of warnings when it compiles. I'd like to fix those
warnings by compiling it with a clean batch Emacs, using the GNUmakefile
in the git repo, but my only option is to make *all* the packages at
once, and that fails almost immediately on cpio-mode.

Can "make" do catchall targets, where for instance I could say "make
gnorb" and make would check that "gnorb" isn't an existing target, and
the catchall target would say "if the directory "packages/gnorb" exists
then compile that, otherwise bail"?

I'm guessing the answer is no...

Eric