all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Remote process execution
@ 2021-06-22 22:29 Aidan Gauland
From: Aidan Gauland @ 2021-06-22 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I am trying to modify a third-party package to work over TRAMP, and I am
stuck on `call-process-region'.  I seem to be able to use `process-file'
as a drop-in replacement for `call-process', but there does not appear
to be any substitute for `call-process-region'.  I did find
`tramp-call-process-region' (and `tramp-call-process'), but these
functions seem to be redundant, since they just call the process on the
local host, which is what the non-tramp versions of these functions do
already.

Can anyone offer advice on modifying code that uses
`call-process-region' to handle remote-command-execution in TRAMP buffers?

Regards,
Aidan Gauland