Hello, I notice that org-mac-link.el in org-contrib[1] interacts with many nonfree programs. There is also a bullet point in the NonGNU ELPA readme[2], saying: > The package must deliver its full functionality and convenience > on a > completely free platform based on the GNU operating system (in > practice, GNU/Linux), working exclusively with other free > software. > Otherwise, it would act as an inducement to install nonfree > systems > or other nonfree software, and that would work against our > cause. > > However, as an exception it is ok for a package to provide, on > some > non-GNU operating systems, features that the rest of Emacs (plus > GNU > ELPA and NonGNU ELPA) already supports on GNU. > > This is a moral issue. See https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/, > node System Portability. The reason for this rule is that at no > time, in no way, should a NonGNU ELPA package put users who > defend > their freedom at a disadvantage compared with those who > surrender > their freedom. [1] https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib/tree/master/item/lisp/org-mac-link.el [2] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/nongnu.git/plain/README.org If wonder if there is a contradiction here. -- Best, Yuchen PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040 4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0