Dmitry Gutov writes: > On 09/12/2022 16:46, Theodor Thornhill wrote: >> Dmitry Gutov writes: >> >>> On 09/12/2022 15:24, Theodor Thornhill via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, >>> the Swiss army knife of text editors wrote: >>>> Ok! Here's the patch. What do you all think? >>> >>> - The NEWS entry probably doesn't need to mention syntax-ppss or >>> tree-sitter. Those are just implementation details. >>> >>> - treesit-text-type-regexp could have a default value. (regexp-opt >>> '("comment")) seems popular enough. >>> >> >> Something like this? > > Yes. But... :-) > > I guess you can replace (regexp-opt '("comment")) with just "comment"? > Both regexps are equivalent, and neither uses anchoring (like \` and > \'). Should they have anchoring? > Hehe, I did that first, but I trusted you knew some secret about that expression. No, we get the names, so I think it's good. > The programs.texi addition should probably mention refilling too. > Good point. Will fix that. > And I see some additional changes in this patch, including ones that > improve defun navigation, font-lock and indentation, in particular in > java-ts-mode (but also json and typescript). These changes should > probably go to emacs-29. Yeah, I agree. Some of them are needed for this function to work properly, but the patches I've submitted for them have been lingering for a while. See below patch - I guess we can decide on that last remark later :-)