Eli Zaretskii writes: > This should explicitly allude to the '.dir-locals.el' files in those > directories, since otherwise talking about "directories that contain > variables" could be confusing. Fixed in v2. > I also suggest to rename the variable to something like > 'permanently-safe-local-variable-directories', or maybe just > 'safe-local-variable-directories' which IMO should express the purpose > better. I like 'safe-local-variable-directories', updated to use that. > We quote `like this' in doc strings, to produce links in the *Help* > buffers. Fixed. > The first line of a doc string should be a single complete sentence. > (This is because the various apropos commands show only the first line > of the doc string.) Fixed. > "permanently trust name" sounds confusing (what is "name"?). How > about this variant: > > + -- to apply the local variables list, and permanently trust > all directory-local variables in this directory "name" is a variable that gets expanded to the directory name, but it's redundant since it's already listed at the top. Updated to use your variant. > Bother: AFAIU here we modify the user's custom file without asking for > an explicit permission. Should we ask for permission? IMO they give sufficient permission when the use the "+" option. > Last, but not least: this change is larger than what we can accept > without you assigning to FSF the copyright for your changes, and I > don't see any copyright assignment in your name on file. Would you be > willing to do the legal paperwork for such an assignment? If yes, I > will send you the form to start the paperwork rolling; when it is > completed, we can install your changes. I sent the request-assign.future doc to the FSF assignment email earlier today, feel free to send me paperwork and I will fill it out. Thank you for the review.