all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* save rotated image in image-mode
@ 2023-11-09 11:53 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2023-11-09 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I would like to rotate an image by 90° and save the result. How could I
do this please?

It seems, that "i r" and "s r" change only the display...

TIA for any hints,
--
           Peter

* Re: save rotated image in image-mode
@ 2023-11-09 12:50 ` Manuel Giraud via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Manuel Giraud via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2023-11-09 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Münster; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Peter Münster <pm@a16n.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to rotate an image by 90° and save the result. How could I
> do this please?
>
> It seems, that "i r" and "s r" change only the display...
>
> TIA for any hints,

Hi,

I don't know if you can do that in image-mode… but you can in
image-dired-mode.  Here is the recipe:

            - Open the image directory in dired
            - Mark the image file with 'm'
            - 'C-t d' (image-dired-display-thumbs)
            - Then type 'R' to rotate 90° clockwise or 'L' for counter
              clockwise

Emacs will ask if you want to erase the original file with the
transformed one.
--
Manuel Giraud

* Re: save rotated image in image-mode
@ 2023-11-09 13:25   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2023-11-09 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, Nov 09 2023, Manuel Giraud via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:

> but you can in image-dired-mode.

Sorry, I should have mentioned, that I know about this possibility.
The question is really about image-mode, without using image-dired-mode.

It seems, that this is not implemented. Should it? Would it make sense
to send a feature request?

--

@ 2023-11-09 15:48     ` Manuel Giraud via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Manuel Giraud via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2023-11-09 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Münster; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Peter Münster <pm@a16n.net> writes:

[...]

> It seems, that this is not implemented. Should it? Would it make sense
> to send a feature request?

Maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in but I also don't think it
is implemented.  It could be a good idea to have it in image-mode and
maybe you could code it yourself, no?
--
Manuel Giraud