all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Pip Cet <pipcet@protonmail.com>
To: Eval EXEC <execvy@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org, Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: 31.0.50; Emacs scratch/igc 6682d0e6c96 Crash on Linux, wayland
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2024 13:40:02 +0000	[thread overview]

"Eval EXEC" <execvy@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm help to test scratch/igc branch, and I have a crash When I editing
> a rust file, M-x kill-process rust-analyzer, lsp-restart-workspace,
> scrolling, and moving around the rust file buffer.
>
> Sorry, I don't know how to reproduce it. The backtrace is:
>
> ```
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00000000006dfe09 in record_backtrace.lto_priv ()
> #1  0x00000000006e03df in deliver_profiler_signal ()
> #2  <signal handler called>
> #3  0x00000000007dea30 in sigHandle ()
> #4  <signal handler called>

That looks like the SIGPROF hit at a very bad time, after sigHandle was
called but before it had time to lock the arena, which would have
stopped the profiler handler from accessing memory.

Helmut, do you have any ideas?  Maybe we'll have to add SIGPROF to the
SIGSEGV sa_mask after all and explicitly unblock it in the handler after
setting a "just count this" flag?

Pip