all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Password processing in Lisp
@ 2002-12-30  2:17 Tennis Smith
From: Tennis Smith @ 2002-12-30  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi. I'm trying to write a lisp function that will
automatically telnet and login to a router.  Unfortunately,
when I get to password processing, it expects me to type in
the minibuffer.  How can I get around that programatically
and send the password from my defun?

TIA,
-Tennis

* Re: Password processing in Lisp
@ 2002-12-30  7:59 ` Friedrich Dominicus
From: Friedrich Dominicus @ 2002-12-30  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

tennis_smith@yahoo.com (Tennis Smith) writes:

> Hi. I'm trying to write a lisp function that will
> automatically telnet and login to a router.  Unfortunately,
> when I get to password processing, it expects me to type in
> the minibuffer.  How can I get around that programatically
> and send the password from my defun?

I assume you are using the telnet.el file. If that is the case you
should check this
;; You can use the global telnet-host-properties to associate a telnet
;; program and login name with each host you regularly telnet to.

setting it may work. But I guess the problem is this line:
	   (let ((password (comint-read-noecho "Password: " t)))
	     (setq telnet-count 0)
	     (process-send-string proc (concat password telnet-new-line))))

in function telnet-initial-filter.

If that is the case you must change this lines for your needs.

I would use the telnet-host-properties for it and extend it.

Regards
Friedrich