all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* About mail in emacs
@ 2003-05-12 11:18 Johan van der Walt
From: Johan van der Walt @ 2003-05-12 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think I have a similar problem like someone who posted a question under
"A few simple questions". Problem is that I try to do something in emacs,
read the faq's or the manual but just don't seem to find the answer.

This one is about saving outgoing mail to a specific file. For this one
has to, so it seems to me, first include an FCC field in the header and
then specify a mail-archive-file-name. I tried using the simple
customization offered by emacs20 but could not succeed to create a
FCC field automatically.

Can someone please give some help on this?

Thanks

Johan

* Re: About mail in emacs
@ 2003-05-12 12:26 ` Tim Heaney
From: Tim Heaney @ 2003-05-12 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johan van der Walt <johan@fskdjvdw.puk.ac.za> writes:

> This one is about saving outgoing mail to a specific file. For this one
> has to, so it seems to me, first include an FCC field in the header and
> then specify a mail-archive-file-name. I tried using the simple
> customization offered by emacs20 but could not succeed to create a
> FCC field automatically.

If you set the mail-archive-file-name, then when you compose a message
the FCC line should already be there. For example, put something like

  (setq mail-archive-file-name "~/Mail/outbox")

in your .emacs file. Then 'C-x m' will start a message with

  FCC: ~/Mail/outbox

already filled in as one of the header lines.

I hope this helps,

Tim