all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* writing menus for modes
@ 2003-12-17 11:39 Miguel Frasson
From: Miguel Frasson @ 2003-12-17 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

I am trying to write a major mode for the program guitartex.

I have read the good Mode Tutorial from Emacs wiki. However, there there
is nothing about how to make menus and toolbars for a mode. I have seem
easymenu on wiki also. Is there some nice documentation about toolbars and
menus?

Thanks

Miguel.

--
Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson
http://www.math.leidenuniv.nl/~frasson

* Re: writing menus for modes
@ 2003-12-17 16:42 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-12-17 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Miguel Frasson wrote:

> I have read the good Mode Tutorial from Emacs wiki. However, there there
> is nothing about how to make menus and toolbars for a mode. I have seem
> easymenu on wiki also. Is there some nice documentation about toolbars and
> menus?

Have you read the Menu Bar and Tool Bar nodes of the Emacs Lisp manual?
(I assume that since you asked about the tool bar, you're interested in
the menu bar, not in pop up menus.)  It's pretty easy to add a new item
to the menu bar or tool bar as described there.  I would avoid easymenu:
it's mainly good for writing XEmacs-compatible code, and I found it hard
to use when I had to do that.

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Re: writing menus for modes
@ 2003-12-18 12:41   ` Miguel Frasson
From: Miguel Frasson @ 2003-12-18 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:

> Have you read the Menu Bar and Tool Bar nodes of the Emacs Lisp manual?

I didn't thought about the emasc lisp manual before. I just looked in
the internal emacs help itself :( Now I think I can do what I want more
efficiently :)

Thanks!

Miguel.

--

@ 2003-12-18 14:14     ` Friedrich Dominicus
From: Friedrich Dominicus @ 2003-12-18 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Miguel Frasson <frasson@enquist.math.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Have you read the Menu Bar and Tool Bar nodes of the Emacs Lisp manual?
>
> I didn't thought about the emasc lisp manual before. I just looked in
> the internal emacs help itself :( Now I think I can do what I want more
> efficiently :)
check out easymenu, the name is program ;-)

Regards
Friedrich