all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to call spell checker from emacs?
@ 2005-04-07  4:52 hvaisane
From: hvaisane @ 2005-04-07  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there documentation, other than the source code, how emacs calls
spell checker? Like, what data emacs sends to the spell checker and
what data it gets back.

I need the info to call home-made Finnish spell checker from emacs.

* Re: How to call spell checker from emacs?
@ 2005-04-07 12:22 ` David Hansen
       [not found]   ` <m3k6nelp4f.fsf@joyds1.joensuu.fi>
       [not found] ` <mailman.681.1112880653.2895.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: David Hansen @ 2005-04-07 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7 Apr 05 04:52:26 GMT hvaisane@cc.joensuu.fi wrote:

> Is there documentation, other than the source code, how emacs calls
> spell checker? Like, what data emacs sends to the spell checker and
> what data it gets back.
>
> I need the info to call home-made Finnish spell checker from emacs.

I suspect no.  Well, maybe C-h [f|v] ispell <TAB> <TAB> but
that's part of the sources...

Probably it's easier to convert your Finish dictionary to [i|a]spell.

David

* problem in ediff-directories
@ 2005-04-07 14:00 ` Emacs Rocky
       [not found] ` <mailman.681.1112880653.2895.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Emacs Rocky @ 2005-04-07 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi, all;

     today, I use ediff-directories to diff 2 directories.  I am sure
there were several fiiles are not identical. but when I press '=h' to
hide the files which are identical, all the files are marked with 'H',
:(

    several days before, it works well. I don't know what happened to my emacs.

    any ideas?

@ 2005-04-07 16:23     ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2005-04-07 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

H. Väisänen wrote:
 > David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:
 >>Probably it's easier to convert your Finish dictionary to [i|a]spell.
 >
 > No. Dictionary-based spell checking does not work for Finnish because
 > Finnish is inflected language. When English nouns have at most 4 forms
 > (boy, boys, boy's, boys's), Finnish nouns have about different 15000
 > forms and Finnish verbs have about 30000 different forms. OK, you can
 > put all the forms into a dictionary, but that dictionary will be huge.

How is Finnish different from other languages with declined nouns and
conjugated verbs?

Have you tried Aspell with its Finnish dictionary (only 1.4 MB,
uncompressed)?

http://aspell.sourceforge.net/
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/fi/

If you can suggest improvements, I'm sure the Aspell maintainers and
users would appreciate hearing them.

--
Kevin Rodgers

* Fwd: problem in ediff-directories
@ 2005-04-08  3:22   ` Emacs Rocky
From: Emacs Rocky @ 2005-04-08  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi, all;

     today, I use ediff-directories to diff 2 directories.  I am sure
there were several fiiles are not identical. but when I press '=h' to
hide the files which are identical, all the files are marked with 'H',
:(

    several days before, it works well. I don't know what happened to my emacs.

    any ideas?

Rocky.Emacs

* Re: problem in ediff-directories
       [not found] ` <mailman.681.1112880653.2895.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2005-04-08 19:33   ` Stefan Reichör
From: Stefan Reichör @ 2005-04-08 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

> hi, all;
>
>      today, I use ediff-directories to diff 2 directories.  I am sure
> there were several fiiles are not identical. but when I press '=h' to
> hide the files which are identical, all the files are marked with 'H',
> :(
>
>     several days before, it works well. I don't know what happened to my emacs.
>
>     any ideas?

ediff-directories does not work, when you use a path that starts with ~
When you use an absolute path it should work

Stefan.