all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* about set key
@ 2008-01-01 18:11 lof
From: lof @ 2008-01-01 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I want to set tab as hippie-expand hot key for text writing
so I write:
(defun my-indent-or-complete ()
  (interactive)
  (if (looking-at "\\>")
      (hippie-expand nil)
    (indent-for-tab-command)
    ))
(global-set-key [(tab)] 'my-indent-or-complete)

but there is a problem
when I want to use a command,
I hit M-x and then I donnot remember the command
before , I hit M-x s<tab> ,so that it can give me some options
but now it start hippie-expand , I cannot get the options
how could I prevent hippie-expand start when I input command?

thank you

* Re: about set key
@ 2008-01-09  2:38 ` Wang xiangdong
From: Wang xiangdong @ 2008-01-09  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

(global-set-key (kbd "TAB") 'my-indent-or-complete)

TAB and <tab> are different under X.

--
Every man is the master of his own fortune.
http://www.google.com