all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* LilyPond support in Emacs
@ 2008-07-12  2:12 q10
From: q10 @ 2008-07-12  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello:

Okay, maybe I don't know how to access it, but it seems that Emacs does not
support syntax highlighting in LilyPond *.ly files.  Please show me the
plugin if there is one, or add syntax highlighting and language support for
LilyPond and all the other music notation filetypes out there.

Thank you,
-q10

* Re: LilyPond support in Emacs
@ 2008-07-12  6:29 ` Bernardo Bacic
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Bernardo Bacic @ 2008-07-12  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

it was a dark and stormy night when q10 said

> Okay, maybe I don't know how to access it, but it seems that Emacs does not
> support syntax highlighting in LilyPond *.ly files.  Please show me the plugin
> if there is one, or add syntax highlighting and language support for LilyPond
> and all the other music notation filetypes out there.

have you tried searching the web for "emacs LilyPond"?
i haven't tried it myself but this is one of the pages that turned up
http://www.geoffhorton.com/lilymacs.html

* Re: LilyPond support in Emacs
@ 2008-07-12  7:49 ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
       [not found] ` <mailman.14609.1215848959.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-07-12  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: q10; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

q10 wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Okay, maybe I don't know how to access it, but it seems that Emacs does
> not support syntax highlighting in LilyPond *.ly files.  Please show me
> the plugin if there is one, or add syntax highlighting and language
> support for LilyPond and all the other music notation filetypes out there.

I no nothing about it, but a quick search on Google for emacs and
lilipond gives quite a few hits.

   Google: emacs lilypond

@ 2008-07-12 13:14   ` henry atting
From: henry atting @ 2008-07-12 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

There exists a lilypond-mode for emacs which highlights your *ly files.
Search for `lilypond.el`.

henry

* Re: LilyPond support in Emacs
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
       [not found] ` <mailman.14609.1215848959.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-07-14  2:40 ` Shelagh Manton
From: Shelagh Manton @ 2008-07-14  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 18:12:44 -0800
q10 <q101100111000@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Okay, maybe I don't know how to access it, but it seems that Emacs
> does not support syntax highlighting in LilyPond *.ly files.  Please
> show me the plugin if there is one, or add syntax highlighting and
> language support for LilyPond and all the other music notation
> filetypes out there.
>
> Thank you,
> -q10

When you install lilypond you already will have the files you need to
highlight lilypond files. You may need to search for them, however.
Hmm... I found them in the systems /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/
after installing the lilypond package in hardy ubuntu.
Tell emacs where to find them.

perhaps (require 'lilypond-init) might be enough.
Though its worth installing lyqi-mode.

This is what my .emacs file looks like for lilypond
(autoload 'LilyPond-mode "lilypond-mode" "LilyPond Editing Mode" t)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ly$" . LilyPond-mode))

;; adds ~/.elisp/lyqi in the load path
(setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/.elisp/lyqi") load-path))

;; when loading LilyPond-mode, lyqi-mode library will also be loaded.
;; type `C-c q' in LilyPond-mode to switch to lyqi-mode.
(eval-after-load "LilyPond-mode"
  '(progn
     (load-library "lyqi-mode")
     (define-key LilyPond-mode-map "\C-cq" 'lyqi-mode)
          (lambda () (turn-on-font-lock))))

 Shelagh

Jabber: shelagh.manton@gmail.com