all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#840: ffap first run minibuffer not wrapped correctly
@ 2008-08-31 16:43 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2008-08-31 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

Gentlemen, on the first C-x C-f you will notice the minibuffer only
shows the last few characters.
$ cat file
http://example.org/on/a/80/character/wide/terminal/this/shows/bug
$ emacs -Q -f ffap-bindings file
C-x C-f C-g C-x C-f

On the second C-x C-f, the full minibuffer is shown correctly.

If you still don't believe me, try it on a 80 character wide tty
with no X windows. emacs-version "22.2.1"

* bug#840: ffap first run minibuffer not wrapped correctly
@ 2008-09-01 22:47 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-09-01 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 840

> $ cat file
> http://example.org/on/a/80/character/wide/terminal/this/shows/bug
> $ emacs -Q -f ffap-bindings file
> C-x C-f C-g C-x C-f
>
> On the second C-x C-f, the full minibuffer is shown correctly.

I see it.  Looks like it's fixed in the trunk.