all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Minor bug in tutorial
@ 2005-07-18 13:14 Ron
From: Ron @ 2005-07-18 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I was following the quite useful Emacs tutorial. I found this text:

" appeared on the bottom line during your Emacs
session.

>> Type C-x b *Messages* <Return> to look at the buffer of messages.
   Then type C-b TUTORIAL <Return> to come back to this tutorial.

If you make changes to the text of one file, then find another file,
this does not save the first file.  Its changes remain inside Emacs"

"C-b TUTORIAL" should be "C-x b TUTORIAL"

Regards,
   Ron de Bruijn

* Re: Minor bug in tutorial
@ 2005-07-26 21:14 ` Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2005-07-26 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

Ron <iampure@gmail.com> writes:

> I was following the quite useful Emacs tutorial. I found this text:
>
> " appeared on the bottom line during your Emacs
> session.
>
>>> Type C-x b *Messages* <Return> to look at the buffer of messages.
>    Then type C-b TUTORIAL <Return> to come back to this tutorial.
>
> If you make changes to the text of one file, then find another file,
> this does not save the first file.  Its changes remain inside Emacs"
>
> "C-b TUTORIAL" should be "C-x b TUTORIAL"

Thanks for your report.

The bug is already fixed in the latest version of Emacs in CVS.

Lute.