On Wed, Feb 09 2011, Stefan Monnier wrote: > If modes *add* keywords to `font-lock-new-keywords', then children of > prog-mode will automatically inherit the prog-mode's keyword since > variables set by the parent are carried to the child. > > So, I think we should change font-lock.el so that major modes setup > font-lock keywords by adding them to a variable. For backward > compatibility, the keywords listed in font-lock-defaults would be added, > of course. Just to be clean, what I was trying to fix actually is something I do in my configuration file: #+begin_src: emacs-lisp (font-lock-add-keywords 'prog-mode '(("\\<\\(FIXME\\|HACK\\|XXX\\|TODO\\)" 1 font-lock-warning-face prepend))) #+end_src This is not something modes do, I think. But doing that have no effect, because font-lock does not check inheritance, therefore my patches. -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info