all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Determining line-height in pixels
@ 2012-06-29  1:50 Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2012-06-29  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all!

How can I programmatically determine full line height in pixels?

I'm planning to use that value for fringe bitmaps, so it needs to
include line spacing.

The docs are saying that it can change from line to line, but the
default value should be good enough.

  (face-attribute 'default :height)

seems to return what I want, only in typographic points. Can I convert
that to pixels?

Best regards,
Dmitry